What are cookies?
We and our service providers may use the following categories of cookies:
Essential cookies:These cookies are strictly necessary for us to provide our site. For example, we may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our members when they use our Site so we can provide our services. Without these cookies we would not be able to recognise you and you would not be able to access our services. They also help us to enforce our Terms and Conditions and maintain the security of our services.
Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not strictly necessary, but allow us to personalise your online experience with Viaplay. For example, they allow us to remember your preferences and mean that you do not need to re-enter information you have already provided e.g. when signing-up to our services. We also use these cookies to collect information (e.g. popular pages, viewing patterns, click-throughs) about our visitors' usage of our services so that we can improve our Site and services and conduct market research. If you choose to delete these cookies you will have limited functionality of our services.
Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your usage of our Site and other websites, e.g. the pages you visit or your response to ads, to deliver ads that are more tailored to you, both on and off our Site. These types of ads are called “Interest-Based Advertising.” Many of these types of cookies belong to our service providers.
We use the information from cookies to make our website user-friendly and to enable us to provide you with personalized recommendations. We may also use a number of authorized third parties who put cookies on our Site to deliver services that they provide.
We may use session cookies to allow you to move between pages on our
Site without having to re-enter
Permanent cookies are also used in a number of ways, including
• To allow you to move between
pages on our Site without having to re-enter information and to
move between TVPlay and other selected sites amongst the MTG group, known as
• To help us recognize you when you return to our Site to use our services.
• To allow you access to stored information.
• To allow us to recommend other films, TV series and sports programs that suit your preferences.
• To ensure that you do not get asked to fill in the survey form repeatedly.
We (and our authorized third parties) may use non-personal information from both permanent cookies and session cookies for statistical purposes as follows:
• To determine which are the most popular parts of our Site.
• To monitor the use of our services and our Site (frequency and time).
• To provide anonymous information to third parties so that more appropriate advertising can be directed at you.
• To track product success.
• To determine how frequently you and other users visit our Site and purchase products.
• To carry out surveys so that your interaction with our Site and us can improve.
What Cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies for the Service:
• hasPersistentLogin (stored in
90 days), used to keep track of whether
a user is automatically logged in or not.
• Session (session), used during a user's visit to be able to distinguish one user from another and keep track of who the user is so they can view the content they are entitled to see.
• viacookies (session), used to temporarily store user information in the registration process.
• persistentLogin (stored in 90 days), security code for login, used to help the visitor to be logged in.
• leadId (stored for 7 days), used to keep track of whether a newly registered customer has come through a promotion from a third party advertisement.
• sessionNr (stored for 2 years), used to count the number of admissions.
• chromecastIntroduction (stored for 10 years), is used to show an introductory message on Chromecast for a customer.
• Cookie_agreement (stored for one year), cookie pop up bar.
• JanrainCaptureProfileData (stored for one hour) used for personalization and the user experience.
• JanrainCaptureReturnExperienceData (stored for five years), used for the return experience.
• JanrainCaptureToken (stored for one hour), used to know if a user is logged in or not.
• JanrainFailedLogins (session) used for failed logins.
• JanrainLastAuthMethod (stored for five years), used for the return experience.
• expected_tab (stored for five years), used for return experience.
• login_tab (stored for one day), used for return experience.
• welcome_info_name — (stored for five years), used for social login to display personalised message.
• Janrain_sso_checked<domainspecifier> (stored for five years), used for the return experience for single sign-on.
do you delete cookies?
You can choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you want to know when your computer receives a cookie, you can set your browser to notify you about it. That way you have the option to accept or reject a cookie. Your computer can be set to reject all cookies. If you want to find out how to do this visit aboutcookies.org.Please be aware that changes in your web browser, meaning that the function regarding cookies are disabled, will prevent parts of our Site from functioning properly including logging-in and playback.